Admin and Communications Assistant
Location: Putney, London
Hours: Part-time 16 hours per week split between a full day on Wednesday and half day Tuesday and Thursday
Start Date: ASAP/December 2015
Salary: Equivalent of £18,000- £20,000 per annum pro-rata depending on experience
About the Brain Bio Centre:
The Brain Bio Centre is a not for profit charity led clinic that specialises in the treatment of mental health disorders using nutritional techniques. The clinic is wholly owned by the Food for the Brain Foundation, an educational charity focused on raising awareness of the importance of nutrition in preventing and tackling mental health conditions and in general mental well-being and development.The clinic’s small friendly team comprises of a consultant psychiatrist, two nutritional therapists, a clinic manager and an administrator.
The nutritional therapists are experts in the field of mental health and established practitioners working in this successful clinic since 2003. The team are passionate in their holistic approach to health and disease.
The clinic is based in a modern and well equipped GP practice in Putney with great transport links and the administration office is a short 10 minute walk from the clinic, you would be required to work from either location as needed.
The Clinic Administrator is a support role to the Brain Bio Centre Clinic Manager who is responsible for all aspects of running of our specialist clinic. This includes handling queries from clients, booking appointments, liaising with consultant nutritionists and psychiatrists, liaising with laboratories, maintaining client records and databases, keeping track of account and ordering supplies. The Administrator will also be required where appropriate to support the Clinic Manager and wider Food for the Brain team in marketing and communications activities to promote the clinic externally.
Specific Duties/Main responsibilities:
- Handling enquiries in person, via email and telephone from prospective clients, existing clients, suppliers and members of the team.
- Electronically booking and scheduling appointments with consultants in the electronic clinic diary, which is part of our web-based database.
- As directed by the clinic manager, compiling and sending out standard letters, letters of confirmation of appointments, letter to referrers, client information questionnaires etc.
- Filling client records and keeping files and filing systems up to date, as well as adding new clients to the database and capturing client interest data.
- Help to prepare and run busy clinics which take place every Wednesday,greeting clients and ensuring that the client's’ process of engagement with the centre and their experience at the clinic is of the highest standard.
- Following up on lab test results in a timely fashion, ready for client appointments.
- Providing assistance and support to other administrative, communication and marketing activities for the Brain Bio Centre and the wider Food for the Brain team when necessary.
- Respect patient confidentiality and be mindful of the Data Protection Act.
- Be empathetic, patient and considerate when handing clients who may be vulnerable, troubled or depressed.
- Provide cover for the Clinic Manager for planned holidays and leave as necessary. Potential flexibility for extra paid overtime would be beneficial to cover additional sickness/holiday hours if required.
- Basic Secondary Education.
- Good command of the English Language.
- Previous relevant experience in an administrative support role.
- Team and independent working Ability to provide excellent customer service face to face and via phone and email.
- Competency in using computers, including email and web-based programmes.
- Word Processing and Excel skills.
It would be ideal to have an interest in Nutritional Therapy but the applicant is not required to have any specific knowledge or qualification in this area.
Interested applicants should send a brief covering letter and CV via email by the 24th November 2015. To apply or for further information please contact the Clinic Manager, Laura Bostock on 020 8332 9600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.